1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpu Overclocked

Discussion in 'A+' started by Colloghi, May 8, 2006.

1. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Well whilst I await for my a+ certification book to arrive, ive been reading through some other books, and one book recommended i use a software program called "Sandra" for analysing my pc specifications

So i downloaded it and ran the checks

anyway its telling me that my Cpu is running at a higher than recommended rate, and suggests i reduce the speed, and also that it has been oveclocked.....

Now the pc i use is My fiancees fathers, and as far as im aware since they got it new, its hardly been opened apart from to install a new cd-rom drive, by the father, and a ethernet card by myself............soooooo is this a mistake by the program? or is there, maybea daft queston, i dunno, but a way to accidently speed up the cpu

Im baffled :oops:
    Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

what im hoping is that they didnt sell you a processor thats been overclocked and charged you a fortune.. it happened to me long ago since then i never trust anyone on my pc apart from myself! :x

go to the either amd or intel websites and check what info they might be able to give for your processor model...
    Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Zimbo could be right here, they may have sold you a Higher speed processor, but supplied you with an over clocked slower one. Thieving B@st@rds! :ohmy
  4. Mr_Fishbulb

Mr_Fishbulb Nibble Poster

If you download a program called CPU-Z from here:

It will tell you the model of your processor and what speed it is running at. You can check if its been overclocked.
    Certifications: Naff All
    WIP: A+
  5. Mr_Fishbulb

Mr_Fishbulb Nibble Poster

Any luck finding out what's going on?
    Certifications: Naff All
    WIP: A+
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Yeah, could be overclocked, but don't forget about room temperature and it could be full of dust...
    Thanks for the link Mr Fish :thumbleft
    Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT