CPD for IT Technician in Scotland

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by TechBoy, May 7, 2012.

1. TechBoy

TechBoy Bit Poster

Hi,
    Sorry if someone has already posted info in another post. I am a ICT Technician for our local council and permanentley based at a local high school. I wanted to find out if there are any cpd for technicians in scotland?

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

TB

Certifications: Comptia A+ (2009), MCDST
    WIP: Comptia Network+, MCAS
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Since you work for the local council and basically are employed in the education setting, have a look into FITS, basically it's ITIL for the education setting.

If the school uses the RM system, look into their own certifications.

If it's vanilla MS network, look into the MS certifications, etc...

It also depends on what you want to do, CPD is a two way street.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. TechBoy

TechBoy Bit Poster

Cheers Wagnerk.

I have been reading about ITIL and was thinking of taking the foundation exam. The FITS version is more suited but seems pricey. I am hoping the council/school would pay for the microsoft and couple of comptia (network+ and server+). I already have some of the books and the IT skills academy are doing an offer for £95 where you would get all the training materials, videos and practise exams. Hoping the school or council will foot the bill for that as well.

Thanks again.

Certifications: Comptia A+ (2009), MCDST
    WIP: Comptia Network+, MCAS