Course Cancelled = Great start to 2011

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by michael78, Jan 4, 2011.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

QA have pulled the rug from under me and cancelled my course. What annoys me the most is I was the one to spot it that the course wasn't listed anymore on their website for the date I was due to attend. Totally screwed my 2011 plans up if I can't do this course and has thrown everything up in the air for my other certs. Really cheesed off that less than 2 weeks to go they would do this.

Sorry had to vent my frustration somewhere :x

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

They've done that to me before - back when they were trading as Interquad. PITA - and it doesn't do them any favours, as I now use Learning Tree for everything. I understand that if uptake isn't good enough to make the course commercially viable you have to draw the line somewhere, but I've heard from other people that they have an annoying habit of letting it go right down to the wire before cancelling courses - and you're not the first person who I've heard complain about them not even bothering to let you know.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Bad news mate. Still plenty of time to get your cert goals this year though.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. michael78

Thats the issue that they just didn't bother to tell me with less than 2 weeks to go. I really expected more from QA from what I heard about them. I'm spitting blood with them on this as my local training options are either them or MTC (linked to Sunderland Uni) so it's left me screwed a little bit.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  5. michael78

lol does leave me with plenty of time I suppose.

6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yup, not the end of the world. Pain in the a$$ though! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Strange, I had a course a few months back where I was the only attendee, there was a second course running in the same office which also only had a single attendee...

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  8. michael78

I got it for a heavily discounted price so if I was the only person on the course then that is probably why it was cancelled. Really gutted but now I suppose I can do the MCITP exams in the correct order self study.

9. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

That is bad that you had to contact them after spotting it on their site, and it was less than 2 weeks out. I work for a competitor, so I'll not say anything else other than you have my sympathy. :-)

Scott.

Certifications: VCP2, VCP3, VCP4, VCP5, VCAP4-DCA, VCI, MCSE (NT-2003)
  10. michael78

The annoying thing is I can't tell them to go swing as in Newcastle the training choices are them and MTC so I don't want to rattle their cage. Just have to put it down to bad luck and can now start with 70-680 and then 70-686 which I gather is the correct order to do them in anyways.

11. Waria Ahmed

Waria Ahmed Byte Poster

Since they didnt fulfil their side of the deal, you decided not to fulfil your side?

*You mentioned in your other thread you couldnt tell anyone which company the course was with.. Sorry I have a photographic memory ;)

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
  12. michael78

Yeah forgot about that. Sorry mate it wasn't anything personal. Just if I burn my bridges with them then I would be screwed with a lack of training choices in my area. I didn't want to mention them simply as I don't want people seeing me getting a discount and then going to them and saying well a guy on certforums got one and for them to put 2 and 2 together and next time say no your not getting a discount.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  13. Waria Ahmed

Waria Ahmed Byte Poster

I dont blame you lol. I would do the same.

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
  14. scott28tt

scott28tt Byte Poster

If only my employer had a location closer to you, Leeds is as close as we get to you... As it happens, I have a mate who's a Microsoft trainer for QA in your local office, and I've delivered a couple of VMware courses at MTC's office when I was in a previous job.

Scott.

Certifications: VCP2, VCP3, VCP4, VCP5, VCAP4-DCA, VCI, MCSE (NT-2003)