course at computrain

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by shvi, Jan 14, 2008.

1. shvi

shvi New Member

I got online interview tomorrow evening, 15/01/08. does anybody got any clue about what kind of job placements they do?

2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Can't advise on the quality of their courseware or the value of their placements, but this passage on the 'funding' section of their website should set some alarm bells ringing:

"Computrain can arrange a low interest loan, with flexible payment terms to cover the cost of your training. Repayments of the loan typically won't start till after your course - by then we should have found you a job. At Computrain we handle the entire loan application process for you - just fill in the forms and we'll do the rest.

A simple example: A candidate borrowed £1,000 for their course - over 3 years the repayments were just over £7.50 a week. Consider that your first IT job will initially pay you up to £550 a week, repayments to your loan shouldn't be a problem."

Really? Ask the people on this forum whether their first IT job paid them £550 a week (which is just under £40K pa)

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

My first IT job I got £12,500pa which was £240.38. That was before tax, NI & pension was deducted.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I can't advise on their coursework or job scheme at all but take anything any training provider tells you about what you will earn or that you will get a job at 37k a year after training with a pinch of salt.

The majority of people in their first IT job wont earn more than 18k if that.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I love it, wording is everything :rolleyes:

See here.

I can guarantee you that will or without training you can earn anywhere from £0 to £550 a week in any job. Do a voluntary job for nothing (£0.00 pa) and Computrain has already fulfilled it's guarantee :lol:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep... my first was at $22,000/yr - approximately £11,000/yr.

Don't believe the sales pitches, or you'll get taken.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!