Could someone take a look at a CCNA Lab i am considering

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by danielno8, Feb 27, 2009.

1. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Hey guys,

It's payday :) and i was wondering if someone would be able to take a quick look at a CCNA Lab I am thinking of buying, and let me know their thoughts on what i would be getting.

I am going to statrt studying for my CCNA Exam, so want to get a lab set up. To me this seems reasonable, but would just like some second opinions!

They also do ADSL WIC's for £45, does this sound about right? Was planning on getting on so i could set the equipment up with an internet connection.

Many Thanks
    Daniel

EDIT: link would help! HERE

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  2. marcin_rys

marcin_rys Nibble Poster

Hi

I'm in preety much same position as you. I'm planning to buy some kit from ebay. I did print out some of those sets (including yours) and waiting now for answer from my Cisco teacher wchich set will be best.
    I will drop you line when I will get answer.

Regards,

Marcin

Certifications: none
    WIP: MCSA, CCNA
  3. MJN

MJN Bit Poster

I bought that setup, from the very same seller in fact, about a year ago and have been very pleased with it. Unfortunately due to other commitments my progress has not been quite as quick as expected however of course that's not the lab's fault - indeed the equipment has proven an extremely valuable tool to get some hands-on experience in a safe environment.

Given I've yet to take/pass my CCNA (scheduled to take it next month) I'm perhaps not best placed to authoritatively comment on suitability etc, however as a year long user I cannot fault it.

Mathew

P.S. I do recall that mine was shipped without the serial cables (or were they the wrong type? I can't remember) but the seller sorted me out with new ones without hesitation. Oh, and the quality of packing was second-to-none - I'm still using the bubble wrap and polystyrene chippings for my own eBay sales even now!

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Relaxing...
  4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Thanks MJN, i ended up buying it, seemed perfect and reasonably priced, your post cemented this.

Should take delivery tomorrow :)

Marcin: i will post back my thoughts once i have had a chance to use it!

thanks!
    Daniel

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP