corrupt Config/System and OEM XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fanatical, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Since we're are talking about THIS particular Laptop with THIS particular problem then people explaining why they think he's wrong is fine. People disagreed with Math and he seems to believe he was right and other peoples advice wasn't. I could sympathise more if he had argued so strongly that other peoples advice wasn't right (or at least was as correct as his assertion). I feel in this case that it isn't people picking on him or flaming but simply that the majority of people disagreed with him and he turned it into something personal.

Once you start replying to peoples general posts about advice then you are asking people to argue with you. I suspect had he left his piece of knowledge and left it at that this would not have happened.

and by the way my two responses were light heartedly sarcastic (ie a joke) and unlike Math's own responses I didn't challenge people to prove me wrong....

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  2. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

I thought I was the one not letting things drop? :unsure

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  3. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Dude, we're not talking about wether your right or wrong anymore. I'm talking to Boson about what he percieves as people stomping on you for what you said and specificly what I'd said. So thats different from people asking you to drop it with regards to what you said. 2 different conversations matey so don't fret.... ;)

4. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Just out of interest Fanatical, did you get an answer to the original question, I'm totally lost with all this, I'm right, no I'm right BS.

:dry

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  5. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

somewhere between Math getting all fired up at sparks and everyone saying "calm down" in a scouse accent I think the general concensus was that it was worth "trying" to repair the registry either with the recovery console or by restoring it with a 3rd party option (bart PE etc) and if all else failed then math's original suggestion would be the last but correct option.

I think if everyone realised that no one was being "attacked" or defending their "reputation" and that all that happened was a minor disagreement then this thread would have been about 2 pages long! :D

still, I've enjoyed a bit of banter....

6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

[​IMG] :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

9. Mathematix

I am not fired up!! :mad :cussing

In all seriousness though, I was not fired up. Just got bored with the ignorance.

10. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

I don't mean to carry this on because it's kinda reached a fair end now but seriously dude why go and say people are ignorant because they disagreed with you? There's really no need, no one was being ignorant just expressing their opinions about what was said, you really are taking it a little too personally....

We've already had the scousers and the Drama Llama which mean I think....

[​IMG]

11. Mathematix

Again you completely fail to understand me. I am not saying that people are ignorant because they disagree with me, I'm saying that they are ignorant because they take offense when their opinion is fairly challenged and fail to understand mine. Please try to understand me this time. You have:

1. Either intentionally or unintentionally twisted the meanings of my passed posts.

2. Insisted that I am "fired up".

3. Accused me of calling people ignorant because they disagreed with my opinion.

All are completely wrong.

I officially give up in trying to get you to understand. it's a lost cause. :dry

12. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Mathematix you have to learn to let somethings go and this one of them. You should have let this go ages ago. 8)

13. Mathematix

Okay, Wizard. Here's the deal:

The post was addressed to me and I answered as I saw fit. Stop telling me how to handle situations already. :rolleyes:

14. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Then stop responding to the thread and it will die down!!!

15. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I hold no power, authority, nor influence over this, or any other thread on CertForums anymore, but please let me have one input, Guys...

This is one of the saddest threads I have ever seen on CF (please check my join date for a rough guide to the number of threads viewed by myself) for a bundle of reasons. There was someone asking a valid question, and some valid input was received. Then it all got personal

So far, so normal - no visual communication, so things aren't as easy as standard verbal communication. This is to be expected on a Board. But there is a first rate team of Mods and Admins here to deal with this.

But now we have good people flaming good people. Despite being asked to chill be Staff. That makes me sad, for sure.

I hope this thread dies down now, because if it doesn't, I predict we will lose Members and risk the thread being closed.

Not what CF is about. Thanks.

(note, I'd prefer not to have segments of the above quoted out of context to suit a point of view, but if it is relevant, then please go ahead)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  16. Mathematix

EH! Also direct that to others!!

17. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

1. I don't think I have done either. I believe that I have responded to each post as it happened. If you think your meaning has been twisted then in my opinion you need to state your opinion more clearly...

2. you did start the personal thing with sparks and the whole "protecting your reputation" thing but I'll happily agree that you are not the only one to have done so afterwards....

3. again refering back to the first point all you aid was the "people ere being ignorant" you did not IN ANY WAY explain why you thought that. So to defend my previous post all I could do was look the thread overall and assume what you meant.

just to try and get my point to you...

is this not exactly what you have done to both Sparks and myself when we fairly challenged your advice and the reasoning behind it and you failed to understand we were just trying to get your logic behind what you said. Ok, so after all that it came down to a little banter between people but seriously if you think it is somehow down to everyone else and nothing to do with yourself then you are mistaken.

No one is saying it's all your fault either buddy and no one is saying you shouldn't say what you think so DON'T take it personal....

18. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Members of CF,

This thread has gone from a valid question to an arguement.

As already stated, this is not what CF is about.

Thread closed.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  19. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

So many grey areas.

Kudos to you Boycie 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)