1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Core down

Discussion in 'A+' started by jay_man, May 29, 2005.

1. jay_man

jay_man Bit Poster

Hey Guys,

Passed the first part of the A+ on Friday, 768-900, not too bad. Cheers for all the advice you's dish out on these forums.

My study plan for the exam was using the Meyers All-In-One A+ book and the A+ Transcenders, which I talked my work in to buying. I found the Transcender very useful for prep.

I did find that some of the questions were poorly worded and sometimes made a simple question sound quite confusing. I didnt study the CD/DVD part of the book which was a mistake I got a few questions on this section which I had to wing.

Now I'm onto the OS part which is scheduled for a few weeks, and I was wondering if the Meyers book covers enough for the OS part.

Anyway, onwards and hopefully upwards....

Certifications: A+, MCSE 2003
    WIP: Summer Holidays
  2. AJ

AJ Administrator Administrator

Hey the Jay_Man rules.

Well done m8 cold ones all round :alc

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Looking at doing ..................
  3. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Congrats jay_man,and all the best with the O/S exam when you take it. :biggrin.Cant really comment on the Mike meyers book as i used sybex for my A+ studies

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  4. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Congrats mate, that's great news. I can only assume you didn't post about it till now because of the well deserved piss-up?? :D

Nice one mate, good luck on the next one.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  5. jay_man

jay_man Bit Poster

:eyecrazy Dont mention booze........

Certifications: A+, MCSE 2003
    WIP: Summer Holidays
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Congratulations, jay_man. Well done. I agree with you that both the Meyers book and Transcenders are very good resources. I didn't use Transcenders for my A+ but I did to prepare for the Network+. Good luck on the OS section of the test. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Spot on J - big congrats, m8. Regarding the above - did Paris Match take a battering then ? :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the pass mate. Well deserved I'm sure. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685