Converting video files

Discussion in 'Software' started by Raffaz, May 11, 2007.

1. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Im having problems converting some video files, its the ones from ITidiots site. Im trying to watch them on the tv downstairs but my media streamer doesnt support the format they are in.

Ive tried winavi, avs video converter and blaze to convert them but i either lose the sound (ive got codecs installed so i know thats not the problem) or i get a file access error. Its also worth mentioning that im having no problems with any other file conversions. Anyone got any ideas on how to get round this? Cheers.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Have you set the output resolution size of the file to the right size. I think a standard TV needs it set to 640.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. Raffaz

The picture is fine mate, i just keep losing the sound in the conversion process. Ive tried MP3 and PCM but still no luck. The sound is lost on the pc, and on the media streamer.

4. Raffaz

All sorted now, had to use xilisoft converter.:) Still not sure why nothing else would work tho.