Consoles?

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by asje1, Nov 18, 2007.

1. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Im considering buying an xbox 360 soon. I used to play Unreal Tournament 99 alot and I just carn't wait for unreal tournament 3 to be released for 360!!

Anyone else got a 360 or other consoles, or likes UT?

Certifications: A+, N+
  2. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Yeah I love my 360, great console.

I've played the UT3 demo, nothing different other than better graphics. But I'll still buy it when it comes out because of the online play.

Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Yes I play UT2004 and at LAN games.

I was also going to buy the Xbox360 but will wait until the new falcon chip comes out. It's thinner, quieter and the console should be a cooler. If you are going to buy an xbox 360 soon I recomend getting the Halo Edition.

Have a look at this link from Wikki it explains the different models and the ring of death!

XBOX360 WIKKI

Here's a report from gamepro that states:- According to the report, at least one Halo Xbox 360 machine features the oft rumored 65-nanometer (falcon) chip which is believed to reduce overheating while improving reliability

Not sure if thats true or not your get more on the halo edition than the previous edition.8):biggrin

Source

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Actually the falcon chip is already out. In fact my premium system that I bought has the falcon chip. It's just that not all of the xbox's that are being sold right now have the falcon chip. Also I don't know if in the UK you guys get some of the newer Xbox's like we got in Canada and the US but I know that some of the xbox's are already out with that new chip.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Just bought myself a 360 last weekend with halo 3, lovin it so far, just waiting for more games to get delivered :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  6. ManicMonkey

ManicMonkey Kilobyte Poster

Im a huge halo 3 fan, you done the campain yet raffaz? (small hint get yourself the iwhbyd skull for extended cutscenes and ending credits) my gamertag is o ChaosMonkey o if you ever wanna co-op (thats the letter O in lowercase).

Im also looking at assasins creed and GTA (whenever it comes out)

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: Exchange, Share point - MOM as well
  7. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

I heard about the chip aswell, very tempting :biggrin I thought that chip was already been release under the rader? I could be wrong.

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  8. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Which edition did you get??? the Halo or the premium?

9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

How old is your Xbox??

Just wondering cos I thought it was the elite version and halo that only had these chips?:blink

10. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

UCM,

I just got it 3 weeks ago. It's the new premium system that also has HDMI. In fact it's the one that comes with Forza 2 and Ultimate alliance games as a bundle. This bundle was released the 19th of october if I am no mistaking.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  11. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

My sister bought me the Halo edition (what a nice sister she is ) although I am not suppose to use it until mass. I am blown away by the graphics, especially on need for speed most wanted. I wonder if they will release a Halo 4.

My mate was trying to get me to buy a PS3 because he has one. It is quieter than the Xbox but the games don’t look as vibrant and colourful as they do on xbox360. Has anyone else compared the two?

He kept on about the blue ray DVD, but unless you've got a good quality 42" TV it seems a waste of money.

Anyone else on HD or Blue Ray yet?

12. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

My bro has seen A blueray dvd setup at Sony centre and says it does look good, however he woundt pay that much for it. If you remember the Jump from VHS to DVD, that was huge. but the Jump to Blueray/HD from DVD doesnt seem to warrant that sort of cost if you know what I mean.
    Until it sorts the price out, Iam sticking with the Tohsiba dvd player which had HD connectors at the back of it brought back in 2001 :biggrin

I woudnt really get a PS3 for the fact there are not any good games for it or not really sure if there any good games for it.

How much did you pay for your bundle Theprof?

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  13. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

My mate has a HD DVD/Blue ray combo (Samsung) HD quality isnt very noticeable on films anyway if the TV is under 37 inches, 42 is preferable in my opinion.

I have compared both PS3 and XBOX360 in HD and the xbox does look better, but they do have a couple of years over the PS3 and everyone knows (if your a console gamer) that it always takes the developers a couple of years untill they start using a particulat consoles full capability.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  14. newkoba

newkoba Byte Poster

what gbl said is true the 360 does have a year of time on the ps3 which is one reason it has better games. the other is that it is easier to program the games for. also something else to consider is that really the only limitation for the 360 right now is the disc capacity. they have 3 processors in the system and i think only one game has used even two of them and that was gears of war. i could be wrong, but last i check that was the only game using more than just the one proc.

Certifications: Security + and CEH
    WIP: CWNA and CWSP
  15. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

That's true! From what I have heard there are certain models of PS3 that are not compatible with PS1 or PS2 games. :blink

Then again by the time the developers do catch up with xbox 360 games I expect MS will of released another console.:biggrin