connectivity training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by crunchynuts, Sep 12, 2005.

1. crunchynuts

crunchynuts New Member

hi folks

anyone trained with connectivity in docklands? I like the look of their career ahead plan and Im wondering if its all its made out to be ?

how was the training ? whats the the soft skills about ? how was the cv prep ?
    Money is tight so I want to spend it the best way I can..

thanx

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I can't help you with your questions, crunchynuts but I'd like to suggest that when you get a minute, pop up to the New Members Introduction forum and tell us a bit about yourself and how you found CertForums. Thanks. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. bosox2004

bosox2004 New Member

Hi - I don't know whether you've already decided anything as your post is from September and I've only just joined the forum. I used Connectivity Training in Manchester when I did my MCSE and found the trainers to be very good. The guy who did the sql course definately knew his stuff (he was one of the London trainers). They were just beginning to start their career ahead stuff when I was finishing so I don't know much about it although my impression was that you were paying a premium for a few extra bits and pieces such as cv writing skills and placement (I think they also included a pc in the package). This was all a couple of years ago now and I used the Manchester office but if learning in a classroom is the way you'll learn best then they're one of the better training providers I've used

Certifications: MCSE(W2K/W2K3),MCSA(W2K/W2K3),MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

That was a very helpful post Bosox, hopefully the original poster will get to read it!

As Tripwire pointed out above, we really appreciate newcomers popping into the New Members Introduction Forum and saying hello there. I look forward to reading your future contributions!

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. superal

superal Bit Poster

Hi guys, had a search for Connectivity (www.connectivitytraining.com) to see if anyone had mentioned it before, this came up so I thought that I would drag it back up to the surface in the hope that either crunchynuts or bosox2004 could shed anymore light on the training facility?

There seems to have been a bloke on here from the actual centre sometime at the end of last year but seems to have disapeared (hardly surprising!).

Anyway: I had a look at these guys and went in to meet with one of the staff and it all seemed very respectable. Been there 10 years, didn't make any wild claims like we guarantee you will earn 20K+ when you leave.

This is what they bassically pitched to me;- for around £3000 you get MCDST + MCSA + a 'free' CCNA or other 5 day course of my own choosing thrown in. All books are mine to keep (I was shown one - they are big chunky hard backs), Access to a practice networks and cisco lab, Additional 1-2-1 Training Support, Free Re-attendance of any course, Computer per student. All must be completed within 1 year. They also provide CV and interview training and help look for jobs for you.

Bassically it all looked and sounded very plausable and they said if I wanted to sit in on a class before signing up I could.

The only thing that seemed a bit dodgy was that the whole course only has 15 days contact time (i.e. with a tutor) the rest I would have to do. To me this sounds awfully short for 3k especially when I can get an online MCSDT + MCSA for 500 quid! Also they would Guarantee my course fees back if I hadn't found a job within 3 months after completion!

I have done a little Googling and there doesn't seem to any negativity about this course.... just wondering what you guys know about it!?

Cheers,
    Al

Certifications: None in IT
    WIP: MCSE possibly maybe!?
  6. AndrewDavis

AndrewDavis New Member

as in a previous reply to a post regarding connectivity, i went for a chat with one of their salesmen in docklands and though the centre was excellent however my CDL was blown out, so i went for online learning.