Connectivity Training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zebulebu, Aug 9, 2006.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Hi folks

Saw a couple of posts under a search for the above company and thought I'd throw my tuppen'orth in, just in case anyone is considering training with them.

I took a year out to study with them and found their training to be excellent - certainly the best technical training I've ever taken. I can't vouch for the Manchester branch, but the one in Docklands is well-specced, lab equipment is always readily available and they have no qualms about you coming in there morning noon and night to self-study.

The quality of the instruction was what set them apart for me - three of the instructors in particular were absolutely outstanding. Andrew Stevens (Network Infrastructure) David Singh (AD & 2K Server) and, best of the bunch, John Simpson (SQL Server Admin & Design) were knowledgeable, approachable and - just as important when you're dealing with some people who should have known better than to spend five grand on a course when they couldn't tell you the difference between a Network Card and a bowl of strawberry jelly - didn't take any shite from people asking dumb-ass questions and slowing your learning down.

The admin at times (at least according to a couple of my classmates) left a bit to be desired, but I never had any problems on that side of things either.

What impressed me most was the refreshing lack of bullshit on display. None of the instructors told anyone that they would walk out a newly-qualified paper MCSE and straight into a 40k a year job. All of them - bar none - were anti-braindump too. Indeed, one of them reported that he used to teach at another school (a bootcamp type operation, which shall remain nameless) where the instructors would actually sit the exams for the stupidest students in order to fulfill the 'guranateed pass' scheme they operated. Connectivity does NOT offer this scheme, but they do have an excellent placement program.

Overall, I'd rate them a nine out of ten, and they merit serious consideration for your dosh, should you be shopping around for a training provider.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. AndrewDavis

AndrewDavis New Member

I went to their centre in docklands and liked it alot got on well with the salesman unfortunately my CDL was blown out so I had to go with online study route, however they did look very good and the centre was very nice

3. superal

superal Bit Poster

I agree, connectivity looked the part and when i went to visit they sounded genuine and were happy to show me exactly what i got for my money, sadly my CDL fell through too and I had to get an IT job instead!

Oh well.:biggrin

Certifications: None in IT
    WIP: MCSE possibly maybe!?
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

What is a CDL? :rolleyes:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

CDL = Career Development Loan

You get the dosh for a couple of years without having to pay it back whilst you do your studies. At the end of that time the repayments start.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Ah, thank you AJ :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)