1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Connecting 26" HDTV as a second monitor on desktop pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by beaumontdvd, Jan 3, 2010.

1. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Hi all, hope you can help. I have been loking around briefly for a couple of monthes for information on this. A couple of monthes ago I purchased a cable off ebay, I cant remember the name of it but its the yellow,red,white connectors split into a vga adapter.

I tried connecting the 3 colours to my hdtv and splugging the vga into where my monitor was plugged, I fiddled around changing to av1 and so on and also changing the settings on the desktop pc. I couldn't solve it. The screen has a hdmi port but my desktop does not. Do you recommend buying one and installing it? Or any other ideas? on the desktop it has a s-out? and another port at the bottom which just says video? it has 4 small holes then 3 small holes under it?

Regards,
    Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Your HDTV should have a pc connection , try connecting that way, there are adaptors which would let you plug your 3 wire lead into a HDMI connector but then youd still only get the quality of the 3 lead connection, nbot the HDMI which im presuming you want??

Have a look for a card which has a HDMI slot, that should work thats if they do them im not 100%, that way youll get HD quality then, i think

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680