Problem connect two network segment

Discussion in 'Networks' started by htikethegreat, Sep 4, 2009.

1. htikethegreat

htikethegreat New Member

Hi,

I would like to know the cost effective ways to connect two network segment. I user Fast Ethernet for both segment. The distance between two network is 700 meters. Anyone who experienced the issues, please help me. I searched on the net, but I found no clear steps to follow. Thanks

WIP: 70-270
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Lots of wiring closets with repeaters (switches) in them along the way, or, far more realistically, fibre.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Network+ would help you greatly. :)

Find out the maximum length of a Fast Ethernet segment (information which IS available on the Internet) and you'll know which way to proceed.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

You could use a VPN ie use the Internet to bridge the gap. Might be a lot cheaper then fibre. :hhhmmm

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

i hope this is some sort of internet sharing between neighbours rather than you being in charge of creating a professional solution for someone lol

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP