1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by broze, Apr 2, 2008.

1. broze

broze New Member

Hello,

Basically i was made redundant last year in another non I.T related role. So i was thinking of going back into I.T (which i originally wanted to do anyway).

Anyway, at the moment i am currently out of work, due to redundancy and am seeking income support.
    I was told that i could get support or the costs paid for, for training in an I.T qualification. I have never claimed benefits before and havnt a clue to what im entitled to or where to start regarding courses / fees etc. But after being out of work for almost four months now, i realy want to begin a course in a subject i am interested in.

I guess some of you members on here have been in a similar situation, so perhaps somebody can point me in the right direction?

By the way, I already have the big book and cd for the A+ qualification, but dont know of any colleges or uni's that offer the A+ or the MCSE qualification as a distance learning course.

Also, I have been looking on the Open University website and noticied the Diploma in I.T. - Is this any use?

I already have a GNVQ intermediate in this field and a GCSE grade C, but thats it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

Certifications: None as yet
    WIP: Unsure