Concord(CA) eHealth and Spectrum

Discussion in 'Networks' started by CheeseOnToast, Feb 20, 2008.

1. CheeseOnToast

CheeseOnToast Nibble Poster

Hi all,

I have just got a new job (yipee!) doing 1st/2nd line Network Support.

The company in question uses Concord, (I think they are known as CA now) applications called eHealth and Spectrum.

I am trying to research them online, was wondering if anyone could explain briefly the difference between the two apps (if you have experience of them).

And also, I really want to try and find somewhere I can download either a full copy or some kind of restricted version so I can have a go of it before I start there.

The company seem good and are sending me straight on training courses, but I would still like to swot up.

Cheers,

Phil :biggrin

Certifications: ITIL Foundation
    WIP: CCNA
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Don't know about those apps but well done on getting the job :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Well done, congrats on the job :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. CheeseOnToast

Thanks dudes, I'm well chuffed:D

5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the job... :)

6. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

We use eHealth and are looking to rollout Spectrum (already bought but not implemented).

eHealth
    Is a vendor-independent platform that pinpoints areas of performance degradation and generates real-time detailed management reports to identify the cause.

Depending on how it’s deployed, you could see that IP <192.168.1.1> is utilizing 90% of the available bandwidth for the past 20-min. Furthermore, you could see that the majority of traffic is inbound and is using TCP port 80. In other words you can really dig with this tool.

Spectrum
    Manages a multi-vendor network with fault management, event correlation, root cause analysis and service level tools.

The sales pitch is:
    - Proactive monitoring - Trending
    - Event correlation - Asset reporting
    - RCA (root cause analysis) - Integration with a variety of management systems

A team is looking at deploying it here to replace Ciscoworks since the current system only manages Cisco products

7. CheeseOnToast

Thanks for that mate, really appreciate it.

Any ideas if they do some kind of trialware or something ? I just want to get my hands on the app so I can at least half navigate it lol.

8. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

It's not that hard to use. If you've ever used a monitoring tool (i.e. Big Brother, HP Open View, Nagios...) you should be fine. Obviously it's not the same as any of those tools, but you'll know what you're looking for; and what's being displayed. Understanding the info is the most important part 8).

9. CheeseOnToast

I've seen HP OV and used Whats up Gold, but not a lot of it.

Maybe I'll get any tool I can just to get used to the info and terms:)