computrain

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by duncanpa, Jun 22, 2009.

1. duncanpa

duncanpa New Member

Hey Guys has anybody reported this company to the trading standards yet. They are totally bogus and check out their website as well. It`s all total lies and people who sign with them will never get a job through them as they do advertise fake jobs which do not exist. This is how they hook people in and charge over 3 grand for their course that you can do yourself for 300.00 quid and then they are laughing at you all the way to the bank. They havn`t even got a free info pack they can send out as they say they are a gren company.

As for the low interest loans and dont pay it pavk once you have started working, and help with your c/v Lies lies lies!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

why don't you report them.

most people on here don't go with any TPs as they are expensive and guarantee jobs but they do have get out clauses such as you don't live in the correct geographical area or you fail a module that they have created so this voids their contract to you.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

You might want to phrase your complaint to TS a little bit better than that though.

:blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Patch230

Patch230 Nibble Poster

As posted in a previous thread I've unfortunatley used computrain - accidents happen :(

I've got my 70-293 in a few days, then i think its the 70-294,297 and then an exam on SQL

Ive allready phoned trading standards, if they screw me over with the job promise i will be following it up.

Due to some of the dodgy material they supplied earlier on in the course (I've kept correspondance as proof) i could basically have them under the "supply of goods and services act 1982"

I'll post any more information i find out

Certifications: MCDST MCSA
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What is the 'job promise' - I mean as it is phrased in the contract, not on the adverts.
    I've always wanted to know.

8)

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

We will gaurantee you a job after succesful completion of your course providing you live within our specified job area, will make the tea and do as commanded something along those lines anyway :p

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Patch230

Patch230 Nibble Poster

I'll have to dig out the T&C - got them here somewhere but the blurb is - "guarantee a job placement via our sister company CompuCareers"

Could be anything i know, but its not that bit thats irritating me, its more so the dodgy material ive been supplied with in the past willingly by them ! (this has only recently come to light)

8. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

There will be a clause, you can guarantee it (boom boom).

I had to opportunity to see some of the training material provided the other day... I wasn't overly impressed.

I think the self-study material provided in the MS Press books (for example) is far easier to absorb and understand.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I know you have signed up (and therefore need to make the best of the resources open to you) but this has been said many times before:
    The only person who is going to get you a job is you. People may be able to help you compile/revise a CV and help with interview techinique and perhaps make you aware of places to look for positions, but it's you who is looking for a vacancy, not the training provider.

That said, perhaps you can speak with current students who are on the same part of the course as you and see how they progressed. Although "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" comes to mind, i have read threads about people who have become employed as a result of training, but again it's down to the individual.

Best of luck with the course and your future employment.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. L1ONE

L1ONE Bit Poster

i've been in contact with this company recently.

I asked them about all the negative feedback they have got posted all over the internet, they said its just bedroom geeks mostly from america and with no affiliation or connection... LOL

They also said that only once this year has someone not had a job placement, and they had to pay them back.

i asked to be put in touch with another student, and they said they dont normally do it, but they will do it for me, since then i havent heard back. about 4 weeks ago.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCDST, MCP
    WIP: N+ maybe.
  11. Patch230

Patch230 Nibble Poster

Oh I understand that, goes without saying - Obviously they put you in contact with the employer and then its up to you. I was aware of the cost and that they are salesmen and so on when i signed up - I wanted to do the certificates and get my foot in the door, belive me where i live (catterick garrison, north yorkshire) there are NO jobs at all in this profession and never will be.

Im not so botherd about that, I took it on, I probably should have looked around a bit first but hey hindsight is a great thing !

My annoyance is the poor quality of the study material supplied which is very basic and to some parts, dubious to say the least

12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's why many of us here advocate self-study methods instead of throwing a bunch of money at a classroom training provider. There are good training providers out there... but when you CAN study the material on your own, on YOUR schedule, using the training materials that YOU choose, and for a fraction of what the provider will charge you, why would you want to risk ending up with a bad provider? Or pay that much money at all, regardless of whether you get a good one or a bad one?

Unfortunately, all this news comes in retrospect for you guys. However, your warnings will most certainly help others to make an informed decision - props to you all for taking the time to post about your experiences.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. amsie

amsie New Member

Sorry to hear about your experiences Duncan. Unfortunately these type of training companies exist in all sectors, including construction which im currently in. Learn tiling in 7 days, start your own business. I know of one who did this, started his own company, masively underpriced a job and got screwed for £1000's as he was in way over his depth.

Comming back to IT, I doubt any of these companies can get you a guaranteed job on the back of an MCSE, maybe put you forward for a junior helpdesk position or desktop rollout.

With regards to trading standards, well, as I used to support them in IT, I wouldent hold up much hope there either, remember they are public sector workers who don't function on the same logic as normal people and probably will come out with the lamest excuse to not investigate, after all, that would ential work!!!!

As others have mentioned, it is far cheaper to self teach, and probably a lot more practical too. Get some PC's, screw them up etc, backed up with books and I used to use CBT nuggets to help pass exams.

Keep going to them job interviews, try and get feedback if you don't get the job, learn from the feedback and you will get one eventually and once your foots in the door, your off and running.

Amsie