Computrain V Zenos

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by beaumontdvd, Jan 11, 2010.

1. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Hi all, I have a friend thats studying with someone called Zenos which is the mcse certificate, he goes to Zenos and studys there and they get him ready for the exam.

I am currently with COmputrain (which is a rip-off) for anyone reading this, and I still need to purchase study material and I study at home from about 8 - 8 on and off with breaks and COD ;) I just find it hard to understand that my friend is going for the same exam as me, even though I started 4 monthes before him?

Is it maybe because Zenos crams imformation in or maybe that because its in a class environment they learn quicker? I appreciate all replies,

Thanks again,
    Dave

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Zenos is a training company that can offer up to MCSE and not a MCSE certificate.

Computrain is pure self-study, with tutor support (I'm not going into the in's and out's and the service different companies offer). Zenos is a combination of self-study and class based.

This isn't a race, who gets what faster. Stop comparing you and your mate, everyone learns at a different pace. To be honest, as an IT Manager, I wouldn't look at some who had a MCSE (including the MCITP: SA & MCITP: EA) and no "real-world" experience.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I don't know Zenos, but I've heard plenty about Computrain.

I gather that they're one of those bands that send out a couple of manuals and tells you to call if you get stuck. Not really doing anything 'wrong', but not a method of learning that suits everyone.

Some people find it easier to learn in a classroom environment where there is often more structure to the event and a good trainer will check that people have understood. You may also get hands-on labs and exercises which help things sink in more than reading it in a book.

On the other hand, they may just cram your head with enough short-term information to pass the exam and maybe a couple of braindumps. Dunno. They might be brilliant.

Anyway, we makes our choices as they say. But try not to compare yourself to others as it will always get you down. You could be on the same course at the same place and you still might not 'get it' as quickly as the next guy.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. beaumontdvd

Yeah, your both right thanks for the advice, its just he keeps saying to me how well hes doing and that, and it makes me think that I should of gone with Zenos but I guess he can say as much as he wants, untill he proves he can put it into practice and if he can fairplay. Ever since I was about 8 i've liked to play about with pcs as a hobbie and try and tweakxp ect.. but he seems to just be in it for the money, so we shall see what happens! I appreciate your replies thanks!

Dave

5. Revolate

Revolate Nibble Poster

I'm currently with Zenos now, however i'm doing the apprentiship. Five months course, i've achived a great deal. NVQ level 3 IT professional, Advance Diploma level 3 IT professional, Key Skills, A+, N+ and doing my MCDST this week. However i've had my own laptop/computer since 7 built a computer up at 12 with no help etc. I also had a in-depth knowledge before I went to Zenos.. I do 9-5 every day solid, you only get one week off. But good luck, just study more than your friend get some VPC's and own him everyway possible.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, NVQ3, ADITP.
    WIP: Server+ and a nice break?
  6. beaumontdvd

Someones been busy lol! They sound quite good then, hope it all goes well for you. I think I'll just take it slow and easy. At the moment I seem to be doing 7-7 and going to bed with a headache lol, maybe thats to much:blink anyway cheers for the advice mate.

7. Revolate

Revolate Nibble Poster

Oh I forgot to ask, how did you find 271 exam? I heard it overlaps alot into 272. I'm just a little worried I haven't revised as much as I should of for it. Were the questions hard? any advice would be appriciated. :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, NVQ3, ADITP.
    WIP: Server+ and a nice break?
  8. beaumontdvd

Ermm, not to bad actually just make sure your prepared. I saw your other thread. It does have some of the 272 in there so my mistake was not revising parts of the 272 like vpn, I cant really remember the rest but as it was my first exam I did find it quite hard. Its more the wording that I struggled with as I know the theory. Just try and put aside the imformation thats not important as some of the questions are long.
    you'll be fine :)

Good luck, its not as hard as you think it is. Nothing worth worrying about, also prometric have a second chance offer open aswell.

Dave