1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Specs for windows..

Discussion in 'A+' started by steveh2001, May 28, 2006.

1. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Hey guys,

Quick question from Mike Meyers book...

For the OS section - when its listing recommended/listed computer specs for each OS, which ones do i learn? The Microsoft listed ones, which Mike clearly says are too low, or his recommended ones?

Just ive seen a few questions on this in practice papers :D

Cheers! :D

Steve

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Learn the MS ones. Mike's right in that in quite a few cases they aren't realistic, but as far as I am aware you will only get questioned on what the manufacturer recommends.

However ... if you were to get a question like ...

MS recommends the following as a minimum processor speed to run Windows 2000, but what would you pick if your customer wanted to run processor intensive tasks on the PC.

I don't know if you would get a question like that, but I guess it's possible.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Thanks Modey!

That makes sense, i understand the conecpts behind obviously having faster specs so should be able to pick out questions like you gave :D

Cheers!

Steve

4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

cant remember much from A+ point of view but i would go learn the min specs and the recommended specs for each OS.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I remember thinking the same thing mate.
    When it comes to any question regarding specification always go for the MS, IEEE etc or the nearest one in the answer. :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Cheers guys - ive just finished the chapter and done the questions at the end, and there were at least 2 questions wanting the minimum specs - so thats definetly the way to go! :D :D

7. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Absolutely!

The minimum specs are just that..SPECS..

The recommended specs are simply a guidleine to better functionality and are limitless in effect.

CompTIA weigh heavilly on this stuff,OS specs,upgrade paths and limitations so make sure you know them thoroughly.. 8)

Certifications: A+ Network+