Computer building workshop

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by asian_100, Jun 28, 2007.

1. asian_100

asian_100 Bit Poster

Hi ppl

I wanted to know if any of you know abut any computer building workshops that are going around summer 2007 in London. These workshops only cost around £70 for a day in which you build your own computer.

Could please tell me if there is any computer building training provider you know.

Thank You.

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

No I dont know any training provider that teaches you how to build a comp.

If you are wanting to know there are plenty of guides on the net and theres a book in WH SMiths in the Magazine section on PCs called how to upgrade a pc and it covers everything from motherboard and psu installation to installing ram, it also covers flashing your BIOS etc.

Its a big yellow magazine and cost £3.99 if I remember correctly

It covers wattage and picking the correct PSU and RAM and will explain everything quite plainly so even someone with no knowledge could do it.

Alternativley you ask people on here advice and I am sure they will give it, I will if you like.:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Yeah, Mr Lee has pointed out there is a welth of info on the web about this subject, however one book I own and would recomend to anyone planning to build a PC is: Building a PC in Easy Steps
    by Stuart Yarnold

its really easy to understand with lots of colour photos the best book on this subject I have seen.

here is the amazon link http://www.amazon.co.uk/Building-PC-Easy-Steps/dp/1840783265/ref=sr_1_1/203-3363352-4040769?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183096692&sr=8-1

as for help along the way, you have come to the right place. The bods on certforums know their onions:D

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  4. asian_100

asian_100 Bit Poster

Thanks for help