Computeach

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Mike Stopford, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Mike Stopford

Mike Stopford New Member

I read alot of negative stuff about computeach but want to know if anyone has had any good experience with them.

WIP: Visual C# :- 70-316 & 70-315
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi Mike,

Now I cant say for sure but either nobody has anything good to say about computeach or the people that do don't hang around here to much. :blink

Joking aside, why do you ask? Are you signed up with them or thinking about it?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Personally I wasn't too impressed with them I rang up asking about doing the A+ as I didn't know too much about it at that time and ended up being offered this and that and was told that the A+ was rubbish and that I should do my MCSE straight away which I think is financially stupid as chances are you will fail if you don't have much hands on experience. The bloke on the other end of the phone basically was just trying to sell me all sorts of courses without even asking me my experience levels or what I wanted to do. I would avoid most distance learning companies like the plague as I just don't think you get your monies worth for the high costs that they ask for.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

good point Sylpie...I remember ringing up the Training Camp enquiring about the MCSE courses and the guy on the phone asked me what experience I had and when I told him I have been building and repairing PCs he suggested I did the A+ course instead as this is more suited to my level of expertise...frankly I didnt take the course with them as it was very expensive but I have read the book and finally finished it and am just saving up pennies to take the exams..if you ask me best advice I was ever given. So Mike its up to you but I wouldnt go for Computeach...a few of my mates have had bad experiences with them.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  5. Benwah

Benwah New Member

I've been with them for a few months now... nothing good to say... keep your money! ;)

cheers
    wah

6. shaunyboy

shaunyboy Nibble Poster

Don't do it! The sales guy will sell you anything to make you join but nothing is in writing. Visit the computeach group at yahoo to see how bad some people have been ripped off.

I was sold network emulation software which I have never received and suspect never existed. I was told 89% of people are found jobs prior to leaving CIL, which I'm not entirely sure about but won't dispute in writing, I was told you will be sitting your exam within three weeks of passing the mocks which hasn't happened yet (now sitting the 5th exam).

On the plus side the inhouse training is good. But if I had my money again I would sign up with local evening classes, buy the osborne books, CBT nuggets and/or Transcender. If you can't pass with all that I'm not sure anyone could get you thru!

BTW if you are looking for cheap books this one seems good;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/shops/alibris-usa

Also, you are at one of the best sources of on-line help. Quicker than Computeach too!

Certifications: A+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Exchange
  7. culp

culp Bit Poster

Whilst i could rant about Computeach with the best of them (I'm a victim I'm afraid) I do find their in centre courses and their tutors in particular quite good. They seem to genuinely want you to pass the exam and do give good advice and pointers about what directions to take in the future. Don't get me started on the negative side!

Certifications: CIW
    WIP: Sun Certified Programmer