computeach

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by shaunyboy, Jun 12, 2004.

1. shaunyboy

shaunyboy Nibble Poster

Howdy boys and girls.

I thought I would introduce myself here as Computeach is my training 'provider' and the main reason I registered.

Like most topics I see I have found the reality to be pretty far removed from the sales pitch and have even been in regular contact with their legal department about what I see as misrepresentation.

I have made it to 216 and 217, sitting them next week so if I can offer any help to anyone stuck up to this point then post me. I'm no guru but have found that what you need to do is get yourself into the MS way of thinking ie they have a way they want you to do things and this is more important than knowing what you are doing.

On top of this you have to deal with the ambiguity of the Transcender questions which is the real obstacle to getting your in-house training, which is actually pretty good (more of an exam cram than training tho). Don't get me wrong, if I had my time again I would have spent the £4750 on loose women and fast cars without a doubt.

Because of the ambiguity of the Tranny questions it is always worth speaking to the tutors but you should expect a wait of up to a week for a reply so get a few in at once!

I am also having an upgrade of my hardware and so have some bits and pieces for sale in the sales and swaps section.

The computeach group at yahoo is a good place to lurk but don't go if you want reassurance, most all of us are disillusioned.

Anyway, thats me in a nutshell, look forward to meeting more victims in time! Good luck everyone,

Shaun

Certifications: A+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Exchange
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Welcome to CertForums, Shaun, Good to see another soul on the Cert Trail.

Best of luck with the 216 soon, and hopefully you'll hang around and conribute to our Boards.

Why not drop a general note on our New Members Forum ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome, Shaun.
    I'm sure you've heard of the infamous ambiguity of the actual MS exam questions. Transcender is probably trying to present as real a test environment as possible. :D Sitting for the 216 and the 217 in the same week? You don't believe in pacing yourself, do you? :wink: Good luck on both. I echo the armadillo...pop over to "new members" and give yourself an intro to the group. Glad you found the place.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

welcome to the boards shaun. best ofluck with the beast. ifwe can be ofany help you only need to ask.:)

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  5. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Tripwire, he's taking them both in one week because that's the set up of Computeach.You go for one week in-centre, and take two exams.
    So it's not exactly his preferred choice, maybe.Just some clarification.

Hello from another victim shaunyboy.I'm doing the mocks for 210 and 215, while slowly losing the will to live.

Welcome :!:

6. shaunyboy

shaunyboy Nibble Poster

Thanks for the support guys. Have spent the last few hours putting my home network thru hell and now feel at one with the machine. By that I mean I just put my boot thru the side of it

Those of you who live in the UK or follow F1 will understand the bitter resolve this takes. Right now I should be propping up a bar watching Euro 04 instead of bouncing my head off the monitor. And don't get me started about the GP tomorrow :cry:

Flex was right, Computeach have this insane method of teaching whereby you learn 2 exams at a time. By the time I had 217 nailed I had completely forgotten 216, by the time I had brushed up 216 I had forgotten 217...it has taken a year to get to this stage from 215 and I am sure I could have nailed 217 within 2 months on its own.

Flex, if you ever need any help just let me know, you can always contact me directly. The 215 exam is a doddle by the way.

:)

Oh well, back to AD.

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Brutal. I'm resitting the 294 next Friday (didn't make it the first try) so "I feel your pain". Fortunately, I've gone the VMWare route so I can run several virtual servers in one box and not pester my missus by having three or four physical machines around just dedicated to my lab (although, including my two sons each having a laptop, we do have six computers in the house now. :eek:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

im lookin to take 294 at the end of the week too, trying to fit in heavy study time for it :)

like i said in the new members forum, mos tthe MS core exams are so interlinked you could probably study for two and sit the exams together and not have too much trouble with them, it all depends on the ammount of work you have done, from what i understand of computeach dont you need a pretty high mock score before they let you do the real tests? you should do fine mate

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  9. Jason316

Jason316 New Member

So what would the main advice be for people wanting to start training with computeach? Avoid like the plague?

10. shaunyboy

shaunyboy Nibble Poster

:D :D :D He Slays The Beast!!!!!

:D :D :D

Well, what a week that was. The Beast deserves its reputation but I smacked it with an 890 and got 900 on 217. Don't know if these are enough to warrant a pay rise and free cider for life but I am happy. Knackered but happy.

Jason, read the feedback from various forums/fora and you will see it is not all good. Truth be told its awful. I was sold something that didn't exist, the job market is not what the salesman will say it is, the money is at nt4 to 2k3 migration so 2000 will only provide a support role, etc etc etc.

However, I spent my money and I'm making the most of it. You get more in terms of raw resources thru CIL than you do with other providers, look around to see what they all offer.

The real plus is that when you get to a training week the courses are fun, well done and the guys know what they are on about.

On the downside is the times you have to wait for responses to queries, altho' when they come they are pretty good. But you can also find some good forums such as this where your response will be as quick and from a number of perspectives. Also, by the time you have passed the Computeach mocks you know more than most MCSE holders anyway and could well pass the exam in your sleep. And some guys wait months between passing the mocks and going in for the training and exams. If you are in a rush this ain't good.

Look at what you want. Look at the real feedback for ANY provider, consider the wealth of information you can get off the internet. The training of potential network administrators is a far healthier market than the prospects of landing a job as an administrator. Its not what you know, its what you know on who you know that counts.

Anyway, my brain is spent, I'm off down t'pub........

Shaunyboylah.

And by the way, thank you Dean for a very good weeks training, (I'd be amazed if you don't lurk around these forums!!! :wink:)