Computeach/CIW/ZEND

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by iiisecondcreep, Jan 23, 2006.

1. msiba

msiba New Member

So here I am sitting at work reading the forum the day before the Computeach salesman is due to visit me....heck, all sorts of thoughts are running through my head about ringing them to cancel and look at a different route.

The thing is I want to get into web-design, I already use Dreamweaver and work in asp no problem, I can create swf and swi files, and already create/design websites.........so do I want to pay almost £5K just for the ticket?.......

Where do I go from here? Do I print out Google results and put it to him? (I wouldnt print anything from this site or eben mention it) But I am thinking I am going to be wasting my time with this guy who is obviously on commission .........

There are mixed feelings about this course of training.....the forum has pushed the balance of probability even further down the scales.

I now think I should cancel the double glazing salesman, sorry I meant the computeach rep from visiting tomorrow night, so I am free now....anyone want a coffee???

Kevin

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

White, no sugar.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. damo101

damo101 Byte Poster

don't know where abouts in scotland you are but have a look at this site for voluntary work:

http://www.volunteerscotland.org.uk

You could always get something from here and do the study and exams in your own time (you'll save yourself a couple of grand and voluntary work does the CV no harm). Also charities get tax breaks and sometimes preferential rates on training courses so maybe after a while they might be up for putting you thru a course or paying your exam fees.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation and Practitioner (S&R)
    WIP: OU Cert in Web Design
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Mention CertForums all you want, my friend. We have no ties to anyone and nothing to fear. Let us know how you get on. Also, if you get the chance, swing by the New Members area and give us a little intro to you :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. iiisecondcreep

iiisecondcreep Bit Poster

well thats it done. The I called the computeach guy yesterday and told hm 'no'. He had seemed a little snippy when I hadn't reached my decision on friday (2day before the deadline) but he was fine when I told him no, due to not having enough time though I would be interested in the future once the 2 courses I'm doing are finished.

Certifications: HNU Applied Electronic Image Generation
  6. AndyJPA

AndyJPA Guest

No dont go with Computeach mate, i'm am having major problems at the moment with them.

Probably what the sales rep failed to mention was there is a 3 year time limit on the MCSE course i am doing, after that runs out you have to pay 5% of you total course fees to keep registered.

If you do decide to go it alone and request your material as i have, once you then recieve you exam vouchers they run out as well in about a year.

Also chat rooms on the Computeach Student website are rarely manned and when they are only during the day, no use when 90% of students on this type of course work full time.

E-mail support from them, you will be lucky to get a reply within 5 days

As for the forum your far better using this one, rarely anyone on there techincally minded to give you any sort of decent reply

Steer well clear mate

i may be taking them to court yet as well as i feel i have been missold the course by the sales rep, far to hard for me when i had no IT knowledge at all.

even the Microsoft website states this

"The MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 credential is appropriate for IT professionals working in the typically complex computing environment of medium-to-large organizations. We recommend that an MCSE on Windows 2000 have at least one year of experience implementing and administering a network operating system"

7. AndyJPA

AndyJPA Guest

And sorry 5% of your total course fees per 3 months

8. msiba

msiba New Member

LOL !

Well having slept on this subject all night, I telephone Computeach and said that I had changed my mind and decided not to proceed with them at the moment. He wasn't happy ! He threw many questions at me, anyone would think I was buying his house, talk about under pressure !

However I explained that read some reports about the structure of the courses and the methods of training and felt that Computeach would not be my best lines of education......I was told that too many people waste their time (funny because I thought the home interview was to see if they were wasting their time on you, or so they made out to me!) but clearly they run a very financial demanding enterprise. It makes me wonder if the home interview also assessed your assets and means of payment.

So the nice man :D became not so nice :twisted: , although I was invited to call them if I changed my mind :rolleyes: , I think an alternative route of education may be better :D

Kevin
    p.s. thanks guys, great forum and yes I will pop in to the new members section and pop a few details down. Thanks once again