Compupeople.co.uk

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by hippy, Mar 26, 2008.

1. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

Hi,

Has anyone used this test centre? Im a little iffy about it as its on a service station..

Days Hotel
    McKie Meeting Room
    M1 between JCT 2-4 London
    Gateway Services
    London
    NW7 3HU

thanks

2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Another name for these guys by the looks of it

http://www.xenos.ltd.uk/
    Not much info on allwhois.com either, apart from an address

Methinks you would be better off self studying and posting on here :)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. hippy

hippy Kilobyte Poster

compupeople are listed on the prometric site as a testing center but under the name xenos ltd. I think they have a testing center in barnet as well, but the address i provided is where you do the microsoft tests, but its the whole 'on a service station' aspect. I dont want to use them as a training provider, just for the test center.

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Some places that are test centres only allow people who do courses with them to take exams at their centres. If you want to see if there are available seats to take your exams with them get to the stage on the pearson vue site where you have to select the date you wish to book and have a look at the calender. If its all crossed out all year long then that means unless you have a voucher number that relates to the training provider then you can't book.

I was going to take my A+ exams a taitec in Newcastle but now can't as they only cater for their own students I actually emailed them to confirm this and I was told what I have said in the above paragraph.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. TheWay

TheWay New Member

Here are a number of reasons:
    • Location is rubbish
    • Crap instructor
    • Awful feedback, have to leave dozens of messages before you get a reply
    • Maybe cheaper than others but still not worth the penny
    • Cancelled my exam without notifying me
    • Too many hassle and too much frustration

IF you can handle all of the above THEN GO for it, OTHERWISE I would stay well clear off it.

Here's the reason they give me for cancelling my exam:
    "The PCs kept on crashing I can't log in"

...and here's my thought: "They teach IT but their computers kept on crashing" :dry

6. Fastracksteve

Fastracksteve Bit Poster

Personally I would say position on the M1 is ideal myself?????

As far as I'm aware it's purely a testing centre so where do they "teach" IT???

Certifications: CCDA ACSE CCWA Mitel SX2000 & 3300