Compucert or OWL Training

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by johnM, Dec 5, 2005.

1. johnM

johnM New Member

Hi all
    I have just joined the forum, I am on an A+, Network+ then MCSE course with Owl Training in Swansea (Called Compucert now) and I cannot contact them anyone else heard of them or are having problems like this with them ?
    John M

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi there JohnM, welcome to CF! :biggrin

I'm sorry but I can't help you with your training organisation question as I've never heard of them.

When you say you can't get in contact with them what do you mean? Have you tried by phone, email, letter, etc? Do you actually get to speak to someone or does it sound like they have been disconnected?

:rolleyes:

3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, John. Welcome to CertForums. Sorry but I can't help you either. I live in the US and have had no dealings with any of the UK based training providers. I can't add anything to what Simon asked. Good luck. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. johnM

johnM New Member

Hi and thanks for the reply's I do think this firm has gone out of business, I went to the office in Swansea and was told that the company has moved, I called the guy who sold me the course and he told me he had left the company and all he could suggest is try the web site, and that gives the address in Swansea, he did tell me that the name of the person I need to contact is the owner a Mr Nick Walsh so maybe someone on this site might come back if your have heard of these companies or this guy.

5. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums, John! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Welcome aboard, John :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi John and welcome to the forum 8)

The same thing happened to me and I was convinced that I had lost all my money but it turned out that there was still a branch of the company I was dealing with still in existence, so I tracked them down and after much fobbing off, they agreed to pay for my remaining exams. It was annoying to say the very least.

Did you try the number at the very bottom of their .co.uk home page, it's a free call at least :D

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings John :biggrin

I hope that you manage to get this problem sorted soon.

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  9. johnM

johnM New Member

Hi all
    I have called the number but it is a call service, left message to have someone to call me back but no one has, asked for a contact number but none given, asked for an office address and given the closed office, “great company Compucert” :x

10. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

I would suggest you contact the CAB if it looks like the company has vanished.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  11. johnM

johnM New Member

Hi Bluerinse

The number you give is the old number of Compucert but now a company called 2IT Lean for less” (in Wales) is using it, the girl who I talked to had never heard of Compucert but it was another call service and she was aversive to give any details so I can only guess that the guy who owns it has started another company after dumping Compucert so if you live in Wales watch out for “IT Lean For Less” For It MIGHT COST MORE THEN YOU THINK :(

12. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Keep at it John. Do you have any contact details of other students that you met whilst training with them? Did you receive anything at all for you monies? If they have gone into receivership, there will be solicitors dealing with the debtors etc. Chances are you would not fall into a category where they will care very much.

They may have merged or been acquired (taken over) by another entity. You will have to dig in and find out. No company just vanishes.

Good luck.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  13. johnM

johnM New Member

Sorry all, for my very bad spelling, not thinking as I was writing, I meant to have written “IT Learn for Less” who are a new training company in Wales, I do think anyone who is thinking of going on any training course the person should try to get some advice, if not about the training company at least about the course and to find out if you and the course are compatible, this is something any salesman working for a training company is not interested in doing, as it may not convert into a deal.

14. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Never heard of them!
    They don't seem to have a website or an entry in companies house. Chances are it's a 'trading name' for someone else.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  15. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :thumbleft

Sorry to hear about your bad luck but as Bluerinse says, keep after them.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  16. Swervyc

Swervyc New Member

Hi John,
    i have spent £600 with Compucert in July 2005 for a Comp TIA Course that has never happened. The program ---- are currently investigating Compucert and --------- for me. If you contact me , i can give you more details and let the researcher who is dealing with the case more info on Compucert.-------------------------------.

Certifications: None
    WIP: Comp Tia
  17. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Just a cautionary note, everyone...while we do support freedom of speech and people authentically do have bad experiences with vendors from time to time, the primary focus of this site is not "training vendor bashing". It's ok to relate a personal experience but then it's time to move on to more productive subjects.

Thanks. :)

18. Swervyc

Swervyc New Member

If you can Contact -----------------, he is the researcher dealing with my case against Compucert-Owl, they need as much info on them as you can supply. --------------------------

Certifications: None
    WIP: Comp Tia
  19. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I hate to repeat myself but:
    Swervyc, if your intention is truly to provide useful information to the members of this site, I think you've already done so. Thanks. If your intention is to just mine us for possible resources to provide the host of this TV show, I'd want you to stop. The purpose of this site is to assist people pursuing an education and career in Information and Technology. Please keep that in mind before I have to lock this thread and any other that you post in mentioning this issue. Thank you.

20. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I like to think of CF as somewhere positive and supportive.
    I'd hate to see it turned into something used to topple 'evil' training providers.

We all have bad experiences in life, we learn from our mistakes and move on.
    I'd also hate to get into a position of mob rule and start claiming that 'all training providers are evil' because I'm sure they're not.

You can dedicate your time to destroying someone else, or you can use it to improve yourself. In the time it takes you to make a documentary about this 'nasty' man/company, you could have got your A+.

Which will work to your advantage in a years time?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD