CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals exam

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by davethegreat, Jan 12, 2015.

1. davethegreat

davethegreat New Member

hi,
    i want to take this exam, in the pearson scheduling site it shows the exam code FC0-U41, on the comptia site it shows there is a new exam code (FCO-U51) and it is expected to launch in Fall, 2014.the new exam code have a new and modified objectives ... should i study according the FC0-U41 objectives or FCO-U51 objectives ?
    as i said when you register for the exam online it shows the code FC0-U41 and not FCO-U51 ..

2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I assume that you mean Fall 2015?

Personally if you are only just starting to study etc then I would go with the new stuff, and just wait for the exam to launch. Otherwise you risk learning the older objectives, then being in a rush against time to sit the exam, and then should you not be able to you will need to start over on the new objectives etc.

Plus I would say it looks better to have the most up to date version when you do pass.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Surely the older objectives won't have changed much and it's newer content that's coming on? I mean, it's like learning Windows 8 and completely ignoring Windows 7, although they share the same underlying structure.

Also as the CompTIA website still shows U41 as the current subject matter I would stick with that (http://certification.comptia.org/getCertified/certifications/strata_it_fundamentals.aspx) especially as it doesn't look like they have released anything aligned to U51 yet anyway.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA