CompTIA Strata fundamentals

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by rammie, May 19, 2013.

1. rammie

rammie New Member

Hi everyone, I am looking at starting a new career in IT support, and thinking of starting of with the strata fundamentals course then move on to the A+ and N+. Is this a good idea and is there anyone who may of done the Strata course and would recommend it. Thank you

2. Adegilio

Adegilio Bit Poster

I can't see having an extra cert hurting at all, but I believe in all honesty just get the A+ if you feel up to it. If you would rather start off with the strata course then by all means do it! I went straight to my A+ and am going for Net+ now, if you would like some ideas on study guides for A+ or anything just let me know :]

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Net+
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Moved to General CompTIA Certifications forum

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. B33 ENN

B33 ENN Nibble Poster

Yes, I did the Strata. I was doing the Cisco ITE course at the time and was looking ahead to the A+, but I didn't feel ready due to the amount of material it seemed to cover. I decided to do the Strata first to get a feel for CompTIA's style, the examinination process, and also build confidence and motivation to move ahead by setting interim goals. So you could say I treated Strata as staging for the A+, and I'm doing much the same with Microsoft's MTA track as a preparation for their higher level.

However, as the previous poster notes, you don't really need these if you plan on moving up the ladder anyway.

Certifications: ECDL, ECDL Expert | Cisco ITE | CompTIA Strata, A+ | Microsoft MTA Operating System, MTA Server Administration | CCNA Exploration
    WIP: CompTIA Network+ | Microsoft MCSA Windows 7, Server 2012 | Cisco CCENT, CCNA
  5. rammie

rammie New Member

Thanks for all your replies, Adegilio, I have been looking at the professor messer site, what do you think? or do you have any other suggestions?