Comptia Still Popular after Continuing Education?

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by Xinapse, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Xinapse

Xinapse Bit Poster

Do you think many people will still do the Comptia exams after the continuing education as people may not want to renew some of the entry level exams such as the A+ every 3 years or whatever it is?

Im the guy from this thread
    https://certforums.com/forums/thread42908.html

Wandering what certifications, and cert paths to take as a good start into the security industry.

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Most people will use higher-level certs to recertify the lower-level ones. For example, passing Security+ will recertify Network+ and A+. However, I don't think most people will retake the same certifications over and over again just to keep them active (though some will).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

to be honest, even after 3 years since passing S+ I will still put it on my cv, and I will renew it only when my employer will tell me to do so.

Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7