Comptia Retake Policy

Discussion in 'A+' started by MattW, Mar 17, 2007.

1. MattW

MattW Bit Poster

Hi folks

This is probably a stupid saturday night question but I was just looking at the CompTIA candidate agreement on their site and from the Retake Policy it states :-

" In the event that you pass any CompTIA certification examination, you shall be required to wait for a period of twelve (12) calendar months before retaking the same examination, unless CompTIA has changed the test objectives for such examination. "

Why would you want to retake a test that you passed already ??

Certifications: None - YET !
    WIP: A+
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

There are people out there that strive to get 100% in their exams and feel that they have not tried hard enough if they don't get 100%, even though they have passed and feel the need to do better the next time round.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Because some people would go in multiple times to collect test questions for braindumps.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

Some people might think It's best to have the most up to date version of a cert i.e A+2006 instead of A+2003.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST and finding a job!
  5. MattW

MattW Bit Poster

Good points folks thanks - though hopefully once will be enough for me !

Certifications: None - YET !
    WIP: A+
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck for when you go for the exam :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

MattW,

Possibly braindump employees, employers who don't understand the "no expiration policy" for CompTIA certificates forcing their employees to earn "the current version", and other such unusual reasons.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  8. Stevie

Stevie Byte Poster

Maybe so someone can get 100% in the exams. That's what I'm aiming for, if your gonna do something, you might as well be the best at it, so I'm aiming for 100% in exams and to be the best in the company :)

WIP: A+, Network+, Security+
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Remember that if "the current version" changes, it's a different exam number, and doesn't apply against the retake policy. Meaning, I could take the A+ 2003 exams, and immediately take the A+ 2006 exams.... 4 different exam numbers.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!