comptia or microsoft

Discussion in 'A+' started by DAVID ARROWSMITH, Jan 8, 2009.

1. DAVID ARROWSMITH

DAVID ARROWSMITH Nibble Poster

is it generally recognised that the microsoft exams are more difficult to pass than the comptia as a i have been struggling with my mcdst 70-271 but seemed to find the a plus easier to pass, bearing in mind that i work in a factory and do not come from an it background and are getting older !!!!!

Certifications: a plus
    WIP: exam 70-620 windows vista
  2. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

There different types of exams. CompTIA is not vendor specific, microsoft is. Depends what your experiance is in. Some may find CompTIA easier, some may find Microsoft exams easier.

IMO depends what experiance you have already.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I would start at the basics if I were you.

If you are stuggling with the MCDST then doing the A+ and N+ will go in some way to help you with the MCDST as you will be learning about how OSs work and what functions they have.

As said compTIA are vendor neutral so it won't go into great detail on XP if you wanted more there are plenty of books about how to use it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?