Comptia Network+ Fees

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by andrewkinch, Nov 30, 2010.

1. andrewkinch

andrewkinch New Member

Hi All
    My first post to forum......ooooooer
    I'm thinking of taking some of the Comptia exams - Network +, A+ etc.
    Ive heard that there discounts available on taking the tests - does anyone have details of this?
    And are the Comptia qualifications recognised by the industry as a general indicator of knowledge as against the more specific cisco/microsoft courses?
    Any comments welcome...........

Andy

WIP: Network +
  2. kevndcks

kevndcks Bit Poster

Hello Andy,

Welcome welcome as they say, as for the discounts you enquired about, you would have been eligable if you were a member of the CompTIA, or got a voucher with any exams or reading material relating to computers etc. I'm not too well up on discounts, so i've been quite general overall.

As for general knowledge, the Network+ will serve you well. No networking industry is platform-dependent and the Network+ certification addresses this wide-range of vendor-neutral knowledge as in like the general networking architecture etc. They say the programs representing CompTIA are favoured on courses by Cisco, Microsoft and HP etc, this is true from my degree experiences.

Network+ on paper, summarizes the fact you would have gained wide and general knowledge of networking, more so than Cisco or Microsoft.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Howdy and welcome to CF!

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple