Comptia ID

Discussion in 'A+' started by iedk, Apr 6, 2008.

1. iedk

iedk New Member

Hi there,

First post on the forum - just found the site recently! Forgive me if this question has been answered before (did a search but no luck)

When I log on to Prometric to book my A+ exam, on the page where you add info, payment etc, there is a
    header called "Info required by Comptia" (or something similar). One of the text labels below is called Comptia ID, but there is no input field. (did the N+ previously, so have an id)

Does anyone know how to add the id or whether it isn't necessary to add it? (Would of course like to have all Comptia exams under same ID)

Thanks!

Certifications: A+, N+, 70-270, ITIL v3 Foundations
    WIP: Server+, 70-290
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You need to register with pearson vue or prometric to take the exams, you do not need an id from compTIA to book the exams, you just enter your credit card details or discount voucher number to pay.

If you want a discount voucher to pay instead of paying full price have a look at the international vouchers on gracetechsolutions.com

The compTIA id is given to you when you have taken an exam so that you have a histroy of exams taken pass or failed so that if you decide to progress to Microsoft exams they can see what you have already done as the A+ and N+ count towards electives for the MCSA if you get what I mean.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

GBL, the OP is stating that he ALREADY has a CompTIA ID, and is trying to enter it into the booking system at PV, so that he new certification will appear under the same ID. He is saying that the PV booking form has a label indicating that its asking for the ID, but doesnt produce a field to enter it into.

iedk, Theres an option to enter your CompTIA ID when you create a web account on the PV website, so I would assume you need to log in and edit your account details to associate it with an account. Although I tried to create an account just now, it wouldnt let me log in, so I cant verify this unfortunately.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. greenbrucelee

:oops: misread it.

When I want to look at my history etc all I do is log in with my username and password and my compTIA id is automatically entered in the view history section.

6. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

i suspect that they auto-bind the account to your ID if you register with them for an exam. but if you already had one and want to register to PV, you'll need to enter it manually

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  7. greenbrucelee

Sounds likely.

8. iedk

iedk New Member

Thanks for the replies and the welcome :-)

I did scan my details at Prometric (primarily use them) to see if the comptia ID is stored somewhere, but couldn't find it.
    Sent an email to them about it, will see what they come back with.

9. iedk

iedk New Member

Received email from Prometric and they say CompTIA ID is linked to the Prometric ID so all should be fine.

Booked my exam (601)for Friday next week, let's see how it goes ;)