Comptia Exams!

Discussion in 'A+' started by Fluid, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

Hi hi :biggrin :biggrin i was wandering if you needed to retake your comptia exam after you have passed? Like cisco you have to retake every 3 years, is this the same for all comptia exams as well? Im interested in N+ and S+!

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi welcome to CF

I have been told on here allthough I havent done the exams yet that once you have your A+ or N+ then thats for life, so no you dont have re-do the exams.:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

is there anyway i can verify this 100%? I suppose there not recognised as much as Microsoft or Cisco certs then are they?

4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

CompTIA are more sort of "Entry Level" certs im my opinion, they are a great start to larger certs such as Cisco or MS.

Also, to confirm, the certs are for life. :biggrin

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Why don't you go to CompTIA's site and verify this. To the best of my understanding, once you are A+ or Network+ or whatever+ certified...you are certified for life. Here's the link:

http://www.comptia.org/

CompTIA certs are very well recognized...especially the A+ and Network+ which have been around in years. Back when I was a freelance technician, you wouldn't believe the number of phone calls with contract jobs I'd get on the strength of my A+ alone.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Fluid

Fluid Byte Poster

well im doing my ccna in september is it worth doing N+ or A+ alongside it? Would the workload for CCNA be so much that id have to dedicate all my time to it?

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Depends on how much knowledge and experience you have working with hardware, software, and network support. Network+ material is often used to help students ramp up to the Cisco CCNA material. If you have little or no experience in networking, you might want to "warm up" with the A+ and N+.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I agree with trip on this one.

I was told that even though CCNA is entry level cert for Cisco it is still considered an advanced certification in general.

Some people also say that the CCNA semester 1 is network+ and some people passed N+ while they were doing CCNA.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA