CompTIA Certification Renewal Policy Clarified

Discussion in 'News' started by craigie, Jan 26, 2010.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

CompTIA Certification Renewal Policy Clarified

Current certificate holders remain certified for life; renewal requirement applies only to certifications earned on or after January 1, 2011

Oakbrook Terrace, Ill., January 26, 2010 – CompTIA, the leading provider of vendor neutral skills certifications for the world’s information technology (IT) workforce, today clarified details of its upcoming certification renewal and continuing education policy.

All individuals currently certified in CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ and/or CompTIA Security+ will retain their “certified for life” status with no requirement to recertify or retest.

Individuals who become certified in CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Security+ by December 31, 2010 also will be considered certified for life.

Read More here

Thanks to NotesBloke!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Hahahahahah!!! "Clarified"... I don't think that word means what they think it means! :biggrin
    2. Albert
      Albert
      That's all well and gud for someone in a similar situation like yours but not so for me. I am currently 23 yrs old. Have an FdSc in ICT and BSc Business IT (second class) but what I learnt mostly isn't applicable to what I do. Currently working as Tier 1 Broadband Support in an outsourced call centre for an ISP since 22/09/09. It's getting to the point of being mind-numbing, speaking and repeating the same statements and process over and over again. The only changes are improvements to one's product knowledge and enhancing customer service skill but most importantly I feel hindered on the technical side. On the other hand it has been the closest and only experience I've had to network/helpdesk support. I do have ambition to progress further.

When do you suggest I take at least the first two important certs. A+ and N+?

1. Before 31/12/2010 so that I have these for life and won't need to pay again to recertify? This might result in just exam cramming and not learning a lot or enough in detail. I'll be studying with Michael Meyers 7th Ed. book and using TestOut software.

2. Or take them at my own pace, which I'm thinking 1yr for each. So thats 2 yrs for both A+ and N+ then 3rd yr for MCDST? Although I would need to pay and recertify the highest cert. out of A+ and N+, which is N+ again every 3 yrs or take Security+ (highest cert.) when N+ expiry nears. Again Security+ would still need to be retaken after every 3 yrs so I'll still be recertifying the highest level CompTIA cert. anyways. I'll be at least 26 yrs old then, :eek:
    3. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      Everyone learns at their own pace, but I doubt it'll take you a year get through A+ or Network+. It really shouldn't, if you love IT. :)
    4. The_Geek
      The_Geek
      Although I feel this is good news, on the down side I have not had to manually configure an IRQ or a DMA channel in a long time.....and probably wouldn't remember how if my life depended on it.