compTIA A+ question

Discussion in 'A+' started by Renegade, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Hi guys, im pretty new to alot of this stuff but i know the basics and learn fast, but im going the self study route and for my first Cert im thinking of doing the CompTIA A+, but im not sure which one i need to take... there is the 220-601 and the 220-602 or the 220-701 and 220-702 , would the 6x tests be outdated now and do i need to go for the 7x course? :rolleyes:

many thanks any info appreciated

regards

R

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You need to pass 2 exams to gain the A+ certification.

In the UK the current 600 series exams retire in August so you can do these if you wish or you can do the new 700 series exams which are running along side the 600 series but will take over completly from August. In the US and Canada the 600 series retire in Feb.

You have to take one mandatory exam which is called essentials 220-601 or 701 depending on which series you take. Employers don't care which version you have so I would recommend that you go for the 600 series since there is a bounty of self study material available for it as there isn't so much for the 700 series yet.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Thanks GBL , :), that clears that up, now just to get my backside into gear and get studying :P, how is sunny carlisle? i lived there for a little while when i worked at center parcs haha, thanks again for the info

R

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

No problem.

Center parcs eh, your good to be out of there :D

Carlisle is as Carlisle always is, full of chavs and a coucil that blames the other council for having no bloody grit to grits the roads with.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Ha Ha yep center parcs is the worse place i ever worked ., only lasted 14 months because of the women :P

R