comptia a+ help? new user.

Discussion in 'A+' started by alih786, Dec 30, 2007.

1. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

hello, i am new to this forum and i am studying comptia a+ certification exam. i just like to know am i the only one here studying it or are there other people aswell? if so, when have you started?, are there any FREE ONLINE study guides or materials available?

anyway thank u for taking ur time 2 read this.

Certifications: BTEC First Diploma - Cisco IT Essentials
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

There are many people on here studying for their A+ exam.

There are free resources online, but many of them are "cheat sheets" that can get you decertified for life before you even get started. The ones that aren't cheat sheets are generally poor quality... you get what you pay for.

If you plan to make IT your career and not just a hobby, then I'd recommend treating it like a career and investing in it... buy a good-quality, recommended study guide. You won't regret it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. onslaught82

onslaught82 New Member

I agree, don't cheat to get ahead, learn the material. If you need a resource for the a+ books check out ****

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

:ohmy whooooooooooo

or

:blink:blink:blink

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I like things that are free and online, but in terms of the A+ exam, you probably won't find anything worth your time and effort that way. You'll need to actually purchase at least one good book to use for study if you seriously want to pass the exams. The Mike Meyers "All-In-One" A+ Study Guide is generally considered the best-of-the-best for study. Here's the link to this book on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Certificati...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199206185&sr=1-1

This is an investment in your future so if you don't have the money to purchase the book, start saving up for it. Building resources is a goal just like taking and passing exams and getting a job in IT. If that's what you want, go after your goals and stop wasting time wishing resources were free.

Certifications: A+ and Network+