comptia a+ for domestic problems

Discussion in 'A+' started by Masato, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Masato

Masato Bit Poster

Hello

Do you think that a comptia a+ is a good certification for people that don´t have much knowledge about computers ?

I want to get this certification in order to have the knowledge to deal with domestic problem, to now how to fix the problems in my own computer and eventually work in this area.I´m also studying engineering and i need to know some basic thing about operating systems like linux .

Is a good investment?

ps: sory about my english

2. Lewis Carhart

Lewis Carhart New Member

I don't see why it wouldn't help domestic-wise. It'll give you a lot of basic knowledge that people who wouldn't do it/have no interest in computers wouldn't necessarily understand, the whole point of an A+ is how computers work/problems with computers. Enjoy!

Certifications: Check back in 12 months!
    WIP: A+, Network+
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I agree, its about the most entry level cert there is for getting to know your way around a computer, grab the latest Meyers AIO and go for it! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012