1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comptia a+ exam in 7 weeks ! :(

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by hasanguler, Feb 25, 2009.

1. hasanguler

hasanguler New Member

Hello my name is hasan guler. Im in need of some help seen as i am trying to prepare for a comptia a+
    exam in 7 weeks!

I am trying to figure out what main topics to revise
    seen as im so nervous . some help will be much appreciated !

im revising but im not sure what topics to specificly point an revise,
    i am stuck with so many pages!

PLEASE HELP!!:(

Certifications: awaiting on a+ comptia qualification
    WIP: a+ at the moment
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

if you have compTIA A+ all in one exam guide 6th edition by Mike Meyers then you need to read the whole book during the 2 exams you could be asked anything that is in that book. Check compTIAs website for exam objectives

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Hi and welcome.

This will sound negative but i can't help that. I have to ask, why book your exam for 7 weeks time if you have no idea what you are doing? Not wanting to sound rude but it sounds like you have not got a clue about the course or the exam. You should prepare before you decide to book an exam or at least have a darn good idea of your ability to pass.

As GBL said, check out the comptia website for the objectives. You can't just pick a few sections from the book and revise only those. What is the point of the course if it only tests you on a few specific areas. Perhaps someone can correct me if i am wrong about the time needed to study for this exam but I think you need to cancel and do some study before setting yourself a deadline.

Sorry for the negativity but i just don't see anything else from what you have said.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

yep if you have no experience and do not know anything about the A+ you may struggle to pass in 7 weeks

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?