Comptia A+ certification

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by adamoliver, Mar 30, 2007.

1. adamoliver

adamoliver New Member

Hello And thankyou firstly to all the members have both replies and welcomed me onto the forum, much appreciated.
    I have taken everyones advice onboard and I hope in a year or maybe a few years I will have some advice to give to other people myself.
    I have two questions to ask, I have looked at Comptia's website and looked A+ requirements and since then have looked at books for studying. However there are so many, including some with online exams inclusive.
    Which books would people recommend,?
    Also if they do not come with exams where in the midlands do you go to do the examinations?
    I know that you need two of four exams to get the A+ certification and also I alreday have three pc's to mess around with to get hands on experience. I'm currently living in semi-student house with loads of left over pc's you see, should be handy though.

Adam.

Certifications: none
    WIP: none
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi Adam

Im guessing from your 2/4 exam required you going for the *new* A+ released recently. Because of this study guides are only coming out now slowly slowly.. I looked at the amazon US site because the uk doesnt seem to have this book in stock but your book to start you off is this one:

A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Sixth Edition

Another option is this one:

CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide, Deluxe Edition

If it was my personal choice i would go with the first.. but if you in a start ASAP either ship it from the US or get the 2nd book from amazon Uk...

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. tas121

tas121 Nibble Poster

you can take the exam in a few places in the midlands theres one where im going to take mines thats in the city centre ask me if you want any details

WIP: A+,mcp.mcdst,mcsa