CompTIA A + 2006

Discussion in 'A+' started by lufc, Oct 8, 2009.

1. lufc

lufc Bit Poster

Can I just ask what date does this test expire , not when the actual certification expires, because i know the certification doesn't expire, I mean when will I not be able to take this test due to only being able to book the new 2009 exam?

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

CompTIA's been vague for you guys in the UK. It expires in the US in February 2010, and in non-English-speaking countries later in the year. But where does that leave you guys? Do you guys retire with us in the US? Or with the non-English exams?

If I were you, I'd assume the February date, with any longer being an unplanned gift (if you need it, which you shouldn't plan to).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

Ive also tried asking comptia but as of yet had no reply so im just going by the February date right now.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  4. StoneTZ

StoneTZ Bit Poster

I'm taking it in about 5 hours.

It's a long shot but I'll ask the testing center. I'm sure the answer is going to be "not a clue" but it can't hurt to ask. I'm in Chile so at least if they say when it ends here it will give us another reference point that I wouldn't rely on.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Net+, CCNA