Commsupport Training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by andylad9, Jan 21, 2012.

1. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

Hi

Was wondering if anyone has used Commsupport for training, I'm considering doing the Network+ with them in Manchester.

Work has asked me to find/recommend a course that would assist my own self study and get more hands on experience. I could pass just reading the Mike Meyers book (halfway through), but I feel I'd be more capable with the practical experience and if work are paying...FAB.

It's a 3 day course for £600. I think the length and price would suit work (compare with £1500 5day courses I've seen elsewhere)

So has anyone used them before and what are their thoughts? Any other recommendations?

Cheers

Andy

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

While I haven't used them personally, one of our members here either works for them or runs it. He often runs free courses and people who have used them in the past have rated them.

Hopefully someone who has used them will post about their experiences soon :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

Thanks for your input.

Apparently Commsupport don't do courses in Manchester anymore, only in London now.

Could anyone recommend a different north west based training provider? I don't mind travelling to london for a quality course, but I would like to consider other options for the logistics / time off / cost factors

Cheers

4. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

It's a shame if they'e stopped offering courses in Manchester. I can personally recommend them having done CCNA and both CCNP courses with them. The hands on experience they offer can not be beaten and with the price offered you really can't go wrong.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  5. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

Yes I totally agree, the price and location was exactly what I was after. I've heard favourable things about them.

6. nomadic

nomadic Bit Poster

I can agree, Commsupport is definetely worth the money and effort. Bought a course with a company that left me up to my own devices. I was going nowhere fast. finished a course with Commsupport in london a couple of weeks ago and cannot believe the material we went through compared to the first company. i would have failed hopelessly through the first company. may still anyway. Honest opinion. spend the money and travel if you have to and stay somewhere close to finchley. Joe gives you plenty of time in the evenings to practice. worth the weight in gold. wish you good luck however you go

WIP: ccna