Commsupport Experience

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by gift07, May 11, 2008.

1. gift07

gift07 New Member

Hi everyone,

On 14th January, I asked a question about commsupport. I wanted to know more about it as I was looking for a provider for CISCO ccna. I appreciate that a lot of you spend a lot of time to put your views across. The reasons I am writing today is because I have finished 6 weeks weekend ccna course with Commsupport last week and I would like to share my experience with you.

To be honest, I have to say, my money and energy was well spent on Commsupport. Even though there were a lot to cover for CCNA, Joe managed to cover almost everything for ccna. It is a well-prepared course and we had enough routers and switches to work on. One of the good things about this course that it was hands-on and lab works were well designed. I have to say, after doing these lab works I feel lot more confident about router and switch configuration. However it would be better if we could have more time on Frame Relay and Nat class as these are important for exam.

My plan now to study as much as possible and pass ccna and move on to ccnp and I hope to go to commsupport for ccnp as well. I would like to say those of you looking for training provider for ccna commsupport can be a good one however don’t take my word for it, find out for yourself and make your own mind.

I could go on more but I will stop here. Finally I would like to thank Certforum for giving us this platform.

gift07

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Mmmmm-mmmm! I'm smelling something that's spamalicious! :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

This was asked in your last thread and never answered by you:
    What IT experience do you have?

If you submit a resume with CCNA on it and you have no IT experience or no experience where you've been managing and configuring Cisco routers for at least a year, then most likely your resume will be set aside (or thrown away) and you'll never get that phone call.

Not to be mean or try to talk you out of IT, I'm just being honest.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  4. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

With 2 eggs over easy and a side of hash browns?

5. gift07

gift07 New Member

Hi The_Geek,

Thanks for your honest opinion. I appreciate it. I have graduated two years ago from Middlesex University, London and I have about one-year experience working as an IT Junior administrator. At the moment I am working for a bank but my ambition is to pursuit my career into Networking. That's why I am studying for CCNA.

I completely understand and agree with you that it is not easy to get a job with just a certificate however if you know the subject and have certificate I believe it can be possible. One of my very close friends have done that and now he is well established in a well-paid job.

I like the fact that those of you have been this forum long time play an important role and try to stop spam. However the whole idea of the forum is to exchange ideas and views so that those who need the information can be benefited from it. As I live in midland, I had to come to London to find out about Commsupport. If my experience helps some one to make their mind up, then they can save their time, money and energy.

BosonMichael I really respect you as I think you have a lot of certificate and knowledge in networking and IT. Please use your knowledge to encourage people like me who are new and don’t have much experience. If you can’t do that then please don’t discourage us. It applies to The_Geek as well. Everyone has to have a starting point in his or her career, right?

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I was speaking of the fact that every one of your posts have been about Commsupport. Unfortunately, there have been MANY training companies in the past who have pretended to be "new users" who are "looking for advice" on a training company... simply to get their name out there and boost their company in search engine searches. Please forgive my skepticism, but you must see how this looks from our side - this sort of thing has happened hundreds of times before.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Absolutely right. However, I wasn't trying to discourage you or anyone else. Fact of the matter is BM said "spam" and I was hungry. Anyone who has seen me knows I don't miss a meal. :D

8. gift07

gift07 New Member

Hi BM,

I understand your point. The only reason I talked about commsupport is simply because I took my training with them. Nothing more.

gift07

9. kevinh

kevinh New Member

gift07

I will agree with you on everything you have said about commsupport did my trianing back in December and thought it was great!

Wish I really had knuckled down and studied more then as im now struggling to rember bits but still reading!!!

All the best with your exam when you taking it?

Kev