command to know the status of proxy server

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by Arunram, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Arunram

Arunram Byte Poster

once again :hammert i asked you with a scenario please read that carefully...i have been working for long time i am no noob.

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

[​IMG]

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Are you really sure about that, because no amount of telling you how it is, you still don't get it.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. Arunram

Arunram Byte Poster

good work boson :D:D:D:D u have got a good collection of what you have received..Great :thumbleft:clap:salut

5. Arunram

Arunram Byte Poster

u just tell , its my botheration whether i am getting it or not

6. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

[​IMG]

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  7. BosonMichael

Just let him be. If he's been in IT as long as he says he has, it should be no problem for him to figure this out on his own. But the question itself indicates his IT experience level.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You have been told the answer to your many questions that really only meant one thing. If there is no command then what do you want us to do? make one up?

What?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. Arunram

Arunram Byte Poster

straight away you guys could have told that you dont know the command, instead u guys are messing the things....its usual that those who dont have the knowledge or those who dont want to share will mess the things up

10. BosonMichael

Ah. I guess we don't know the command, then. What is it?

11. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Well "no", why would you? If you know all the servers and settings already, why bother running a command. Apart from that, all the settings should be in your servicedesk (whether it's in a access DB, a notepad file, or the actual configuration management database - CMDB). Why are you trying to complicate things?

We've all tried to help you, infact going back thru all your recent posts - not once did you actually come back and let us know how you've gotten on or thanked us for all the assistance that we've given. By the way, status and settings are two different things.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  12. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

no other words than 'lol' for this thread

I've constructed a 1337 script for you to hack the proxy settings on a computer where it's already configured. You can show all of your work buddies how leet you are.

Code:
    hax.nfo
    -------
    1. download file
    2. rename from HAX.txt to HAX.bat
    3. enjoy

another release by the certforums hax squad.
    script is 0sec.. don't give it out!

Let me know how it all goes!

:biggrin
    (ps. tested on w7 only)

Attached Files:

• HAX.txt
      File size:
      734 bytes
      Views:
    Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  13. Arunram

Arunram Byte Poster

Just wanting to know is a sin?

u would seek thanks for all your assistance?

anyways sorry if i had hurt anybody ...i request the experienced people not to keep showing off that they are well versed , it might backfire one day and please do keep in mind that nothing is permanent in this world, those who want to be careful all the time will keep this in mind.

14. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

No one is trying to show off. You have asked initially a question that doesn't make sense, then when eventually it was clarified you won't accept the answers given by experienced IT people.

If you can't accept that, then you must simply be trolling.

Oh and lol Daz. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  15. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Wanting to know is not a sin. Not asking the correct question to receive the answer you want is not a sin either. It's just pointless.

I note that earlier on in this thread, you state that you have worked in IT for a long time, and aren't a noob. If that were true, you'd know full well that the first thing any network admin/engineer or server admin does when they arrive at a role is find out how well the network is documented and, if it isn't well documented (because people like your good self have been in charge of it previously), they'd create a spreadsheet with IP addresses, hostnames and other pertinent information relating to each server they adminster. Any proxies would certainly be covered in this. That's why you were told to ask the person responsible for the proxy server to give you the IP address.

If you have been working in IT for a long time, then you've been doing it wrong.

PS: Probably best not to accuse people who have worked in IT for more years than you've had hot dinners of not knowing what they're talking about.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  16. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Lol, very good. I was about to suggest maybe the OP could work out and write a script to read that reg key, (I think I've got one somewhere), or just look on a working system, then record the info in a personal knowledge base.

Maria

Certifications: HND Computing
  17. Arunram

Arunram Byte Poster

typical administrators hmmmmm

18. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

That you want to be :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  19. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

This thread is getting stupid now. You've (finally) been given the answer to the question you should have asked in the beginning. Stop trying to take the p*** out of people who have forgotten more than you will ever know about the industry you desperately want to get into.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  20. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Words fail me.