Coming up to Six Months at the Council

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by drum_dude, Aug 28, 2005.

1. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Hi all,

Some of you may remember me securing a job as IT Support Officer at my local County Council in Feb of this year. Well I thought I'd better update you all on whats going on as I am currently coming up to my 6th month of employment with them.

So far everything is real cool, they have sent me on various course one including a week long Netware 5 course - I found this most enjoyable! The council are actually going over to AD in 6 months time so that'll be exciting to witness, currently they are running Netware 5 alongside a NT 4 Domain.

They have also provided me with a Dell Latitude C610 laptop for my MCSE studies which is great and I'm hoping to crack on with revising 70-219 in the next week or so...sitting in front of a PC has really taken the motivation out of me lately, a laptop has enabled me to be anywhere and still do my studies thanks to remote desktop!

So there you are, there is also a chance that the council will help me financially with the upgrade 2003 certs. But I have to get 2000 out of the way first! And yes, my certs and knowledge from them have help me quite alot in this job...thank god I embarked on the Comptia/MS cert studies, I don't know where i'd be without them!

Cheers...

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Glad to hear that everthing is going well for you.

keep up the hard work and enjoy the next six months! :D