College or centre - South Hertfordshire

Discussion in 'A+' started by profit2008, Sep 30, 2008.

1. profit2008

profit2008 New Member

Hi,

I've been interested in completing the A+ and N+ at a college or training centre near to me (cheshunt) in south Hertfordshire however have been unable to find anywhere close enough, and I'd prefer not to go into London.
    Does anyone know of any place that offers these courses, or I might do one of the home learning courses.

Thanks.

2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

best option, buy this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072263113 and start reading.

Self study rather than signing up for a course, I don't know of any training course local to us (hertfordshire too!) that aren't wildly over priced.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. profit2008

profit2008 New Member

Thanks, I was looking at perhaps buying a book as well. Would you recommend just that one or any others?

Also a book for the n+?

Thanks.

4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

As your name suggests if you want a profit :) don't go with a training company you'll get ripped off. If you must do a course go with a college taught by people who actually know what they are on about instead of a TP.

But self study will save you loads.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?