CNSP

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Gary B, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Gary B

Gary B Nibble Poster

Anyone aware of this cert, seems to be quite new and not really associated with any of the known organisations that usually run certification exams

http://www.sec-1.com/range/certified-network-security-professional-cnsp

It pretty much seems to follow the lines of the CEH which I'd been looking at

Anyone know anything about sec-1 at all?

Certifications: MCSA 2003
    WIP: You tell me
  2. Daniel Vincent

Daniel Vincent New Member

We were very impressed with their training; in fact we are currently in negotiations to prevision the complete CNSP program for 14 attendees.

3. Gary B

Gary B Nibble Poster

Thanks for the comments Dan but considering the company who are tyring to get me on this course said they would get someone to reply to my request on here then it hardly counts does it.

Considering the vast wealth of knowledge on here not a single person seems to have heard of this qualification and for that reason I don't see why or how I could justify taking the course as I'd contstantly have to explain to everyone including possible future employers exactly what it is.

Certifications: MCSA 2003
    WIP: You tell me
  4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Agreed. I've never heard of it - and I've been in security for two years. It sounds like one of those useless bits of Letter Fruit Salad that a recruiter will look at on your CV and go: 'huh?', then look at the next guy with a CEH or even Sec+ and know they were looking at a recognised qualification. Don't waste your money - go for something recognised.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em