Clusters and nodes

Discussion in 'Networks' started by steve_p1981, Sep 1, 2011.

1. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

I'm trying to learn about networks and server software for my own personal knowledge as i currently don't have a job where i would be using a server. I was wondering what the deal is with clusters and nodes. I have been shown a microsoft site where you get labs on a virtual server and one of the drills is to create a new node. It doesn't actually tell you what a node is for but apparently you should have at least 2 of them. i've watched a few videos on prof messer's site but they haven't been mentioned. can someone please give me a description of their purpose? cheers

Certifications: A+ 220-701 and 220-702
    WIP: none at current but poss 70-680 soon
  2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Slightly unrelated but have you watched Home - ITidiots.com ? It is slightly old now but you can literally start from the ground up for server experience. Episode 2 gets you setting up your own Domain then you go onto DNS, DHCP, Exchange etc.

Might help you out a bit.

ps: Its all on itunes :)

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

On the back of this post - I searched the ITIdiots.com website and can't find any of their old videos - done a bit of a search but have turned up nothing - can anyone point me in the direction of the videos?

Boffy says itunes - but I don't have any apple products and therefore no account etc.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

I've just looked on the website and realised they only implemented 'previous shows' for the last few they did. As such, itunes is the only way to download them.

Unless you get itunes, not sure if you can get them elsewhere.

ps: On a side-note, they have a HD channel on iTunes that doesn't work - so standard def is the only way to view these.

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010