Cloud Essentials and IBM SPSS in one class?

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by datacenter01010, Mar 20, 2015.

1. datacenter01010

datacenter01010 New Member

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie to certifications so please excuse me if this isn't the best of questions. I ran into an Introductory Cloud Computing and Data Analytics course offered by George Mason University (I've taken a class with them before). Apparently, it prepares you for both the certifications listed in the title, which to me is a pretty awesome idea, especially considering that I am young and need to impress employers. Is this something that is often done? Also, what are your thoughts in it? I loved the class I took with GMU before and if you all think this isn't bad, I'd definitely be willing to register for it.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

First let's ask, are you new to IT or just Certs? I ask because these aren't courses I would suggest someone new to the industry undertake, if you have experience with both technologies then great, go for it, if not then I need to remind you that IT certification is generally designed to show you're experience rather than introduce you to it.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. datacenter01010

datacenter01010 New Member

Sorry I should have specified. I'm not new to the IT side, but new to the cert game.