Cloud course on Groupon

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Stevie.f, May 9, 2012.

1. Stevie.f

Stevie.f Bit Poster

I got an email from groupon about a cloud training course and I'm not sure if it is worth doing. I want a certification that will set me apart from everyone else and will help me to get a decent job. I don't know that much about cloud computing, but it sounds interesting...

I called the company that is doing this course(Robust IT), and they said that they issue a certificate of completion when I finish the course and pass their online assessment, but it is a training course designed for those looking to take the CompTIA Cloud Essential exam.They reccommend paying for the exam so that I can have an official CompTIA certification (which is what I would want to do), and this will cost around £100.

It's £39, so I can afford to do the course, but I'd like some advice. Do you think it is worth doing? I don't want to spend money if it's not going to be any use.

Certifications: BSc (hons) Comuter Networks, CompTIA Cloud Essentials
  2. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Worth checking the CompTIA website Stevie.

CompTIA Cloud Essentials

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  3. Stevie.f

Stevie.f Bit Poster

I had a look at that before I posted, and it looks like a course covering that could be quite interesting and useful. The thing that has me undecided is that I hadn't heard anything about the certification before. Would it be something that a potential employer would be likely to recognise?

4. Wireless_Snake

Wireless_Snake Nibble Poster

Cloud Computing seems to be the buzz words at the minute. My guess would be that employers wouldn't of heard of the qual but they would definitely heard of cloud computing. Just reading the CompTIA website the course sounds interesting and for the price you quoted I would be tempted. Anyone with knowledge of cloud computing would be good for company get experience on top of that then that would be good.

Certifications: BSc (Hons) Computer Network Tech, CCNA, CCAI
    WIP: CCNP, VCP 5, SCP
  5. Stevie.f

Stevie.f Bit Poster

Yeah, the course really does sound quite interesting. If you think employers will appreciate someone having a cloud certification, even if they don't recognise it, it might just be worthwhile. At the very least, it'll be interesting. I didn't get it yesterday becase I wasn't entirely certain, but the offer is still going on so I think I'm going to buy it now and see what it's like.

Thanks for the advice!