Cloud Computing

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by noel123ie, Apr 20, 2009.

1. noel123ie

noel123ie Nibble Poster

Hi all

A sys admin friend works for a large multinational who are outsourcing alot of work to India

He reckons alot of IT jobs will be gone due to this cloud computing where most storage etc will be done at large datacentre which will result in alot of IT jobs going as no sys admins etc

IT will be like a commodity gas water etc

Any opinions?
    Noel

Certifications: MCSA Sec+
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

What you mean storing your companies valuable data on someone elses datacenter, (if cloud computing models are anything to go by then you wont even know where the data is). Cant see it myself.

At least you know where your data is when its in house and you can select the staff you want to secure it. Cloud computing and data storage means that you wont know where your data is and which monkey has been employed for peanuts to safe guard the server housing it. No thanks.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Read an article on cloud computing, it's not financially viable to all companies. So not all companies will not go down that route. Added to that not all companies that cloud computing is an option for will go down that route.

I think our jobs will be safe for now :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security