1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classroom based A+ training in Manchester?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Tully, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Tully

Tully Bit Poster

Hi guys....

Started doing the A+ course myself a few weeks ago and I find the material very doable and was making good progress....but the problem I was having was that I found it difficult to structure a time for myself to so that I can learn on a regular basis, so I was thinking of maybe joining a classroom based A+ course.

Does anyone know of any such courses in the Manchester area?

many thanks.
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I can't help you as far as finding a class since I'm in the U.S., but I did take my first instruction on PCs in a classroom environment. My probably was I found self-study of the material impossible since I had absolutely no background in technology whatsoever. I was afraid to even open the case of my PC at home, thinking I might break something I wouldn't be able to fix.

In my case, the classroom environment worked out great. I had a "safety net" to work with and other people's PCs (the uni's actually) to open and tinker with. I've built up enough skill sets to where I can build on that foundation myself with the help of a few books and the Internet these days. Good luck on your quest.
    Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

You could try local college's near to you. Some run A+ courses as a nightschool option etc...
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada